GDA94 Technical Manual
The GDA94 Technical Manual is now available online
Version 2.4 - The lastest update to the Manual, December 2014
The Geocentric Datum of Australia Technical Manual has been updated to Version 2.4.
In the 8 years since the Technical Manual was last updated there have been changes to the Australia Fiducial Network (AFN) gazettal values as well as advances in AUSGeoid and the International Terrestrial Reference System and Frame. This version of the GDA94 Technical Manual (v2.4) includes:
- an update of the copyright statement to reflect ICSM’s Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia Licence;
- update of the 21 AFN Gazettal coordinate values, as submitted 4 April 2012;
- refresh of text surrounding the equivalency of GDA94 and WGS84/ITRF;
- refresh of AUSGeoid text for AUSGeoid09 release;
- inclusion of GDA94 extent definition;
- correction of equation transcription errors.
The GDA94 Gazettal values can be found in the GDA94 Technical Manual v2.4.
Feedback and comments can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Options For Downloading
- Download the GDA94 Technical Manual (PDF version - 2.18 MB)
- Download the GDA94 Technical Manual (Word version - 3.74 MB)
- Download Transformation grids
- Download GDA94 Technical Manual Spreadsheets (Excel file - 360kb)
Links to Transformation Software
- GDAy (QLD)
- GDAit (Vic)
- Datumtran (NSW)
- RapidMap prepared downloadable (ICSM)
- GeoidInterpolation.zip V1.03 December 2011 (0.6 MB)
Latest version of geoid interpolation program. Requires geoid grid file in either WINTER DAT format or NTv2 gsb format. Offers interactive and file interpolation modes and the ability to create a single NTv2 file from a grid file in the legacy AUSGeoid DAT file format. Software documentation is provided.
(Users who experience problems running this software for the first time should install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Libraries.)
NOTE: Online versions of Vincenty’s and Redfearns Formulae are also available on the Geoscience Australia website. The online calculators provide the same results as the spreadsheets in the Technical Manual.