Introduction to the Standard and Guidelines
The Standard for the Australian Survey Control Network – Special Publication 1 (the Standard) and associated Guidelines provide an outcomes based framework that supports the highest level of rigour and integrity in the delivery and maintenance of Australia’s survey control mark network.
Version 2 of the Standard completes the transition from CLASS and ORDER to uncertainty as the basis for evaluating and expressing the quality of measurements and positions. The Standard’s definition of uncertainty is intended to be consistent with the ISO definition. The use of the term Local Uncertainty as defined in SP1 version 1.7 has been discontinued in this Standard.
Version 2.2 of the Standard and associated Guidelines were released in December 2020 and contain updates to guide best practice methods of working in the Australian Geospatial Reference System (including GDA2020).
The Standard and Guidelines were developed by the state and territory jurisdictions in conjunction with the federal government, incorporating feedback from industry and academia. ICSM encourages businesses and individuals to adopt the Standard and Guidelines.
Need to find that coordinate? Want to know what control is available in your area? Links to jurisdictional authorities for National Survey Control.
Feedback and Comments
A feedback and comment process following the ‘Guideline for Governance of ICSM Documents’ has been developed for stakeholders and other interested parties to provide comments and suggested edits for the updated Standard and Guidelines. To provide comment or feedback, a Statement of Proposal must be completed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Statement of Proposal for change must include:
- The Document Title
- The part of the Document proposed to be changed (section, page)
- A Statement of Proposal
- Rationale of the Proposal
- The proposed change to the document
Standard for the Australian Survey Control Network (SP1), Version 2.2, December 2020
- Guideline for Adjustment and Evaluation of Survey Control v2.2.pdf
- Guideline for Continuously Operating Reference Stations v2.2.pdf
- Guideline for Control Surveys by GNSS v2.2.pdf
- Guideline for Control Surveys by Differential Levelling v2.2.pdf
- Guideline for Conventional Traverse Surveys v2.2.pdf
- Guideline for Installation and Documentation of Survey Control Marks v2.2.pdf